Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Recovery Mode

Coach Tim and I slept at the base of the Mount Washington Auto Road last night. Assistant Coach Marc met us this morning with coffee. We started up the Auto Road at 6 AM. By 9 AM we realised that things were proceeding much too quickly and we better let the staff know that we were already half way up the road. By the time the Auto Road public relations man, Jesse, showed we were closing in on the six mile marker. Well, so much for reporters and all that! Jesse accompanied us for the last two miles- helping with photos, traffic management, and good cheer.

We were at the top before 11:30. I was able to sign the hiker's registry. Under trail name, I put Auto Road.

We were back at the bottom, across the street, and in the lodge eating lunch before 1:00.

Now I'm back in North Conway sitting at Tim's computer while he and Marc go for a climb.

Pretty much fried at the moment. Didn't sleep well last night, sort of anxious. The pads below my thumbs were quite sore at lunch. They're a lot better now. Now most of my upper body is just generally sore and I feel like napping. I'd like to get some pictures in the "Kinetics" section first, and then we shall see........

The Auto Road is about 7.6 miles long. It rises about 4700 feet. We went bottom to top in 5 hours 22 minutes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems a bit "anti-climb-atic"...when are you getting a hang-glider?...but best-time rocks, and you beat the press out of coverage! congrats.
The Mediocre Club would be proud, or whatever pride amounts to for that Club.
See you in a week and one halfish; let me know of any interestig return plans I could be privy to.
kudos.

17.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S,

Congrats on your highness. Truly cool; certainly putting you out of the infamous Mediocre Club (of which I've only heard). Far too ambitious and self-serving in your quest for fame and glory. Always a ready smile or tear, for fear at least.

I've a farm you might want to lay a furrow down onto; and soil your toil along the way. Get with FreddyK9 and he'll release the secret into the air.

I'm currently working with my first client as an !dea consultant (TM on the "!dea" part). It goes well, using my childish mind to arrange other's thoughts creatively. I think there's something here and beyond. Ideas are for the taking, and for a dime a dozen, how can a professional whatever pass up the bargin; I've a ton of them in storage.

So man, you did well, and I'm glad. Reminds me of pineapple football on Bedford Avenue - the crowds went wild, as I recall; do you recall?
Cheers,
G

20.8.05  
Blogger Sean said...

Well D, and you too G, I can only hope that the Mediocre Club wouldn't totally disapprove. I have read that Mount washington is the remnant of a much bigger mountain. As such, it would have been much lower, but has bouyed up as the former mountain eroded.

Still, maybe topping the Auto Road can be reason for Pineapple Upside Down cake when I return home soon.

21.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home