Sunday, August 07, 2005

Posting

Okay, today is Sunday- going on 11 AM.

It appears that most days lately, I get up early enough, but then start picking away at all kinds of fiddly what not that I would not address if I had slept much later. Still working at getting fully out the door at a reasonable hour.

On Friday I rolled from North Conway to Pinkham Notch. I'd like to imagine it a distance of 20 miles, but I'm pretty certain it was at least 17. I didn't start this journey until 3 PM. Instead of the 4 hours I was erroneously estimating, it took 5 and 2/3's hours. I got to the destination just after dark, and about an hour after the police stopped me to make sure I was sane. (The last 4 miles are pretty much steady incline.) The police stopped me about 15 minutes after a local gentleman in pickup with two youngsters doubled back to check on me (as he'd never seen an individual in a wheelchair cruising up the shoulder of this particular stretch of route 16). If I had left North Conway at noon, I would have made better time from Dana Place to Pinkham Notch (the incline), because I probably would not have had to explain myself if it weren't approaching and then passing sunset.

Saturday saw me on the road before noon. I think I did much more downhill that uphill. Just the same- my hands, wrists and fore arms feel ever so slightly swollen from all the breaking.

So right, today is Sunday. Is it a rest and recovery day? Is it do the off road that requires someone to pull you over big stuff and possibly carry you over bigger yet stuff? I've got body chores to do. Indecent laundry to deal with. The rug has foam rubber bits all over from cushion improv work (version 2.0 is working well). All this to consider- and I'm sat here typing- go figure!!

It is well nigh time in the day for a little teleology. Yes, time for purpose. Well... time for a more obviously identifiable outward display of purpose.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo Team One illĀ©...don't forget to beer-a-cise.
glad to hear you are in your element; and remember, best time is always better than the first to get there.
cheers, friend...

7.8.05  
Blogger Sean said...

Picked up an inexpensive six pack of Schaefer along with the fruit, veg, and two gallons of Gatoraid that I got from the Supermarket last night.

Yes, things well element-wise.

Keeping focussed on beating my own best efforts and general self improvement competition-wise. (But of course, there is still pride and ego in me- so I am not oblivious to the efforts of others.)

.......kind regards.........

8.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home