Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gang Aglee

On Tuesday I found out that on Monday a posse of wheelchairers showed up at the Mt. Washington Autoroad and one of them actually reached the top. Imitation is the purest form of flattery? Now I'll be only the second one? Not a problem. Getting on with my nutrition book. Monitoring sore spot on tail bone (which was noticed early and is pretty much healed). Working on second draft of wheelchair backrest super-padding. Eating loads. Sleeping well and rising early.

Training-wise on Tuesday, I went up this crazy steep road about a mile long, maybe 800 foot rise, that takes you from the bottom of Cathedral Ledge to the top. I did it three times in a row. Could have gone again if we had more time. In conference with Coach and Assistants, it was decided we should start watching weather reports and pick a day for the Autoroad climb.

Wednesday was all about getting ahold of hydrocolloid dressings. These are basically artificial scabs for protecting healing skin. Seems I get a lot of pressure between my tailbone and the wheelchair's backrest. I've been spending loads of time with the chair facing up inclines. Pushing the wheels forward pushes the tailbone even more against the backrest. Homeowner/house-king Cliff made many pizzas. I ate many slices.

Time continues to flee through the back door of the static and ever present now. It is Thursday morning. Gotta mount the new edition back rest. Gotta mount Pinkham Notch. Gotta get a large amount of things moved forward.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home