Monday, August 08, 2005

Erratic Placement

Okay, one cup of coffee down, one more chapter of nutrition book down, directions sorted, raisin bran waiting.

Today is the day for pilgrimage to the Madison Boulder. This rock was left at present locale during glacial retreat 10 or 15 thousand years ago. The Madison Boulder is the largest erratic in North America and one of the biggest on the planet. I learned of the boulder's existance by reading a book on the Geology of the North Eastern United States while preparing to return to New Hampshire.

Assistant Coach Marc Durant, who accompanied me on the last trip up Mount Washington, mapped out a route from Brownfield, ME, to Madison,NH. I should be started on my way from the one town to the other before noon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so peripatetic...maybe Aristotle would be impressed. hope you might be back by the 27th...BBQ @ chez Mom. kiss that erratic for me.

8.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know the formula for the curvature of your spine when at max tilt; y=back of chair, x=seat of pants.

Then I'll be impressed. G wiz

8.8.05  
Blogger Sean said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11.8.05  
Blogger Sean said...

Erratic bussed on Wednes evening.

Curvature? My calculus is rusty. Curvature is basically one over radius.
Here is some opacity in lieu of vertebral curvature function:
kappa=(dphi)/(ds) =((dphi)/(dt))/((ds)/(dt))
=((dphi)/(dt))/(sqrt(((dx)/(dt))^2+((dy)/(dt))^2))
=((dphi)/(dt))/(sqrt(x^('2)+y^('2)))

[above delete was me noticing typo]

11.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what...like x=r or something? Then fy=1/x? Fairly static and low-down, wouldn't you say? Or, are you an expert pashchimottanasanaist? If so, cool; keep that natural curve at the base!

Otherwise, okay, dimness well exposed (tou·ché-like); let's move on to a future day.

G wiz

11.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home