Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Entry

Saturday, at the Boulder Library writing more.

I've been exploring Boulder and it's outlying hills, a portion of the Front Range.

There are many long hills to try, many steep as well. Feeling often like I'm not doing enough with the opportunity. Basically it is screaming at me: Climb, Climb!

This past week I took a day with car assist to check out Rocky Mountain National Park. There are loads of hills there, some nicely paved, others for the eye. I'm borrowing a bicycle trailer to see if I can maybe carry a tent and stove and such inside the park.

Another day the past week I pushed my way from Boulder to Ward, a distance of maybe 17 miles and hill climb as high as Mount Washington. I need to get up early and roll past Ward to Brainard Lake and Long lake- another five miles in length and a total height gain around a mile.

There are great dirt roads and harder mountain bike type trails to try. The trail past the top of Flagstaff Road going to Green Mountain appears a bit rocky and I'd like to take someone along to spot me.

There is daylight till past 7. I am going to Chautauqua Park which is at the base of the Flat Irons- a group of large slabs overlooking Boulder.I think Raul will be going. I went through the park the other day and saw trails going toward the bottoms of these.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home