Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ten More Days

Writing to write as the story goes.
Skiing to ski as the body knows.

Last winter, by the end of the season, my right elbow was a bit messed up. This winter I am conscious of needing to keep stress down. I am trying to lean on my arms less. Also I keep in mind ideas of shorter sessions and rest days. So then what is the difference between being half hearted and being wise? I think it depends mostly on one's mood and one's interest in self criticism.

Skiing is going well but I'm always thinking I should be getting more of it in. I'm getting a fair amount of both downhill and crosscountry. My right elbow gets a little sore but not scarey sore like I better just give it all up. Been getting good cardio workouts with the cross country and improving my balance. Fiddling with uphill and off-the-beaten-track skiing. This is challenging and interesting. My big accomplishment with downhill is learning to link turns on steep loose snow and not stop and fall over quite as much. Plus my elbow is pretty okay at the moment.

It's 10:44 in the morning. I don't even have shoes on and my car is covered with snow. I'm sitting at the computer and some section of my head is saying I out to be sitting at the top of a big and steep and partly stress inducing ski hill. There is something to anxiety and there is something to managing ambition and goal achievement. It is just a dance, an ongoing shuffle, a fairly constant swaying and stepping and leaning and pausing and ... well you get the idea.

So there is probably over a month to go. There are more than enough beautiful trails and plenty of good people. Time to get the shoes on, make a move, and take it for what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home