Thursday, April 26, 2007

Posting

Okay, the airplane ticket problems were worked out by the kind woman at the check-in desk at the Boston airport. Al that time on hold with the CheapTickets people and no headway, but ultimately, mercifully, at the last chance it all worked out fine.

So here I am in Makawao, in Maui, planning to start up Haleakala in about six hours. I've got strong support from two people who are very important to me.

The blog has had strong support from another person who is important to me.

I appologise for my absence this past five weeks or so. Things have been somewhat overwhelming in a few different ways. I have been distracted, mentally, emotionaly, and physically also.

The ski season finished iup well. The last run down the lift line at Wildcat was worth all the hard work and experimentaion of the preceeding months.

Now I am trying out surfing experimentation. I have tumbled off the board and climbed back on. I have scrapes on the sides of my knees and a bit on my face from the surface of the surf board. I have a bit of sunburn, just a bit.

Tomorrow though, well in just about six hours, I think I'm gonna get in the water off Hoburn Street and then start up toward a point 10,000 feet higher. I'll mostly be traveling on Haleakala Highway. We'll see how it goes.


----posted by Seanonymous

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's 40 days and 40 nights to any one who can count.

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some say that god is what we don't understand. If so, religion is an elaborate construct devised by men to provide themselves with an understanding of what they can't understand; and, it's a convenient method of controlling the masses.

Well, at least we can't blame the comma.

27.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless me father, once again, for I have sinned.

However, without getting into the contemporaneous sins I've committed, I feel we should focus on one particular sinned I committed years ago - 26 years, at least. I forgot to mention this sin when confessing the fucks I've said on this blog and in the last quarter century back on March 17, 2007 (the day that lasted 40 thereof and 40 nights).

I claim my forgetfulness was inadvertent; however, forgetting a sin, itself, may well be a valid sin, depending on the issue. In any case, if you find it in your heart of hearts to forgive me, father, for one sin - for christ's sake - you might as well forgive them all.

I gave a priest a snoogie. If you don't know what a "snoogie" is, as it is truly a colloquialism; it is more commonly known as a "wedgie."

Now, father, if you claim - in your collared innocence - don't know what a "wedgie" is you're lying, and that's a sin. However, I'll explain for the sake of the scapular.

A wedgie is: "an uncomfortable tightening of the underpants between the buttocks, typically produced when someone pulls the underpants up from the back as a practical joke."

Not all too practical to get a priest pissed-off at oneself at the age of 15 or so. I can't remember his exact words, but it went something like "ooh, nooo . . ." in, of course, a disapproving, priestly tone. Needless to say, he didn't find the humor in it. At that moment I saw with clarity the absurd generational gap that he was desperately trying to bridge, and not for my sake. Curious the pretense involved in a priest's attempt to make a man of a little man; act like a man, saith the lord.

So, father, I believe I did, in fact, sin when I gave that father a "snoogie."

What's up for me now?

Regardless, bless me father, for I've sinned.

Stay tuned; more sins to come, I'm sure.

28.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The anonymity apologizes for the misuse of the semicolon in the fourth paragraph of the previous comment. Notwithstanding the abhorrence of the other typographical and usage errors contained therewith, the subjecting the poor semicolon to a comma's job is unforgivable.

28.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "anonymity" as referenced in the previous comment is who we are: anonymous folks, doing anonymous things, without knowing each other, ever. However, and as such, we stand united as the "anonymity." Our worst fear is to come to know another, as then our collective anonymity is lost forever.

Long live the anonymity.

28.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

21.11.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home