Friday, December 15, 2006

Art Things

There are new pictures in the Artthings web log. They are things I've worked on while resting and stepping away from wood chopping.

Last week I was assisted to the top of a very large boulder called Jockey Cap. That might be about it for this season. The trip up and then down was pretty good. Liz and I doing the tether over the hard parts. We are getting pretty good at it. We went back down with the tether also. My wheelchair facing backward, it was sort of a belay technique. It worked quite well. Only an hour up and an hour down. While the hike is not that challenging for adults and even young children on legs, I thought it might take over two hours for us just to get up. The head lamp and extra layer never came into use.

Again I was reminded what it might be like to go out exploring without the wheelchair increasing the challenge. Again I was reminded that gems are not always beyond reach. Again teamwork fostered both connection and freedom.

The camera battery bonked not far above the start. I'd like to go back and get some pictures of the rock and the adaptive hiking techniques we are developing. I'd like to get pictures of a number of things, so maybe the season isn't really so over.

Swimming for exercise has entered the game. I just bought goggles yesterday. Skiing is coming up also. I bought a helmet months ago. And then there is the more sedentary activity of driving. I seem to have bought a car. Maybe I will be driving: to the pool; to the slopes; to the writing and blogging shop, to the papier mache` shop, the number drawing shop and maybe even the metal shop.

2 Comments:

Blogger GiYo said...

I wrote a song for last month but I haven't had enough time to get it put to track... I am gonna be playing at a gig on friday, if I get a chance to record it I'll definitely send it to you! I was able to meet your brother a few weeks back, an amazing person as well!

19.12.06  
Blogger Sean said...

Giyo-

Thanks so much
Best wishes to you

-Sean

21.12.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home