Thursday, October 12, 2006

Trees and Rock & Stars at Night

It is 10:40 here in Yosemite Valley in California.

I am slowly figuring out how to work my new laptop and camera and software and all that stuff. Please forgive me for making excuses but I really thought I'd be a cooler more media savvy traveler and adventurer and blogger and all that neat stuff.

Pictures are coming but it is time to get back to my tent and settle down for the night.

I left Hawaii on Sunday and am in Yosemite now not just to gawk at trees and rock but also to actually climb some rock.

For now though it is time simply to go sit in the dark and look upward and think about things. Things like dimness and brightness and light... and the Milky Way. Things like curvature and straightness and strength... and the massive pines all around me. Things like quiet and slow and true and more massive and most massive... yet still smaller than the whole planet and stuff- the granite. Maybe the granite is like a middle man between the trees and the stars.

More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger GiYo said...

Yo! It's the dude from Pahoa again. Just wanted to say! Have Fun on the climb... I was gonna say, "good luck" but I know you don't need it.

12.10.06  
Blogger Sean said...

thanks again giyo

best to you ..., and good luck- we all need it

18.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home