Thursday, January 04, 2007

Again We Begin Again, Again

Finishing off the previous year-

Yes, there was more stuffing; and what's more, the second helping surpassed the first. Possibly the special treat of Christmas Day ... well, except for the presents and the food and the wonderful people and the smiles and the general sense of well being, oh, and the goodness of it all and plus the great evening of the Eve and those events and especially the special company and both the personal and the group/public experience at the Christmas Eve service and of course the food and company then and also the late night fun of wrapping the presents and getting everything in order and gee I guess waking up on Chrismas morning was pretty good too ... well except for that stuff maybe the highlight of Christmas day was the outdoor medicine ball toss. I didn't know you could get such a good workout just having a catch with people. Also I didn't know I'd be able to have fun and throw the thing and not fall over backward catching it. Yes, that was a fun and slightly rediculous activity. It sure brought a smile to my face and I think the other participants and even the onlookers were smiling also. Plus it was strenuous and fun.

Starting off the new year-

Well gosh it was actually the second to the last day of last year but it is still pretty fresh. Oh, alright, the last big thing of last year was a slide show of my adventures at a climbing store in North Conway, New Hampshire, called International Mountain Equipment, IME for short. It came off pretty well although the three or four days leading up were sort of increasingly nerve wracking right down to when I started talking that night. Then, 50 minutes later when I was done and next took a moment of personal reflection, I realised everything was okay.

Two weeks minus two days from now I will do another slide show at Villanova University outside Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. I'm looking forward to this as opportunity. Opportunity to share my stories. Opportunity to share positivity. Possibly even opportunity to inspire. And also opportunity to enhance my non-existant career.

What else for the year-

More blogging, hopefully regularly.

More hills, likely some big ones. I have plans to continue with the paved road one day things and other plans also. Maybe I will try unassisted camping along paved trail or road. Definitely I will continue the experimentation with assisted trail hiking. There will be a back country camp out at Clouds Rest in Yosemite.

A couple cliffs, well, at least one cliff and maybe a couple different ways up. I'd like to enhance my climbing system and also my climbing knowledge first so that other team members will be freer for other tasks.

Gee, I guess the year is supposed to be about continuing to do my best for myself and for others as I am able.

I'd like to get back to the antFarm. I'd like to continue to improve my diet. I'd like to do a number of things to increase my independence and my overall security. Some of my plans will succeed. Some may fall short. The important thing will be to continue to try to sustain or improve. Flexibility and fairness and some sense of a bigger picture and who and what are really important to me- these will be key.

Good luck with it everybody......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to read the update Sean. Been sending you signals of best wishes!

4.1.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

antFarm, smantFarm, I'll believe it when I see it. Perhaps that's what we should call it - "smantFarm."

Cheerios,

Anonymous

11.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home