Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ten Days Later, Maybe I Can Trust me, Women's Liberation, Please Don't Do Cussing Stuff

So yeah, "New Year" and all. Big Gosh and Gully, huh?.......

So the start of a new month and among her people the tradition is to say "rabbits and hares" as the first thing you say on the first day of the month.

I peaked my head from under the covers. The fire was already going, the room was fairly warm. She said it to me: Rabbits and Hares. I whispered it back. So it was the first thing I said on the first day of the first month of an entirely different year from the year when I had learned of this tradition of her people.

Then later during coffee, I asked and discovered that she hadn't spoken since waking. She was dressed, the fire was warm, coffee was ready. That takes a while.

That was this morning.
This evening I realised that since the elemental symbol for iron is Fe, then Ironman is Female. Oh my gosh............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sean,
Its Dee...all the snow in NC is melting into the streams and rivers here....but our adaptive ski program is still hanging in there at Ski Beech!! I hope all is well and you and Liz are loving life in Maine. I lived in Maine for 3 summers, but I never was there for a whole winter so...hang in there at the cabin....Later,
Dee

10.1.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home