Monday, May 07, 2007

More Later

Hello to the anonymous and also the named.

Just finished a week of camping near Lahaina and now back in Makawao where there is internet access at the lodging location.

Been experimenting with adaptive surfing. Been building a kind of kneel upon saddle which we've been duck taping to the surf board. Rebroke the giant soft top long board three days ago and now I'm on another soft top which is two feet shorter. It is pretty squirelly and I occasionally fall off in flat water. It is also lighter and more responsive so I am beginng to learn to steer when I actually do get on a wave. Friday was pretty exciting. I didn't smash into the jetty and I did catch a couple big waves and I also managed to steer away from the jetty for the most part. I think the next step will be to move the saddle about two inches forward and that should make the board stick to the wave better for a smooth start.

Anyway it is off to the ATM to get rent money and then off to Kahalui for a computer cable and then Haiku to speak with Gramps at Rock and Chair Ding Repair and maybe with luck finally to some surf on the North Shore, possibly Ho'okipa. Probably I am being far overly optimistic as it is already going on 3PM.

More news and hopefully a few Kinetic pics later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home