Wednesday, January 30, 2008

29 Days Later, I Guess I Can't Trust Me, Skiing

Well finally early in the month me and Liz started making it to Attitash to do downhill skiing. Soon after I borrowed a cross country sit-ski rig and got going on that as well.

So the ideal idea is to do both downhill and cross country in the same day. You know, not too terribly much of either and different muscle groups so it's the whole cool and up to date cross-training concept.

Yeah right! It's all I can do to not watch a second video and roll out of bed by 10 or so the next day. Gee whiz, you know. Is this blog only about airing my dirty laundry or what?

It used to be, back in the day, when I was I actually was cool, and plus I was young- that my dirty laundry was pushing up too many hills and getting too caught up in muscle performance and recovery. Well this is the new Sean O'Neill, well the new Sean O'Neill who is old and not hip and not uncivilised and super domesticated and basically the same as ever except........

Oh come on.
Years ago I started saying that my New Years Resolution was not to make New Years resolutions anymore. Now it sounds like I'm worrying about slacking off on resolutions that possibly I actually did make.

Maybe I'm moving too fast for you to follow my line of thought.
I have the chance right now to be working slowly at making things better.
It's kind of a big responsibility and it gets sort of irritating when stuff doesn't work out easy-peasy

Maybe I'm being too vague for you to have any notion what I'm meaning.
It is 8 or 10 miles along the railroad tracks from Brownfield to Hiram.
I want to do the round trip on the sitski, soon.
Erik is jumping off stuff already and I'm still sketched.
I want to downhill ski more often and be somewhat expressive doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home