Monday, June 26, 2006

Spinning With or Spinning Without

It is Monday night, 9:46, last Monday ever of this month in this particular year.

I have a valid driver's license. I have a title to a car, in someone else's name.

I have a laptop computer. I have a camera and printer to go with it. Although I am getting used to the laptop, I have made little or no progress with the other two items as of yet. I haven't yet dealt with warranty and registration issues either.

Gee, that is about like the car. I have to get the title into my name so I can get insurance so I can move the vehicle, install hand controls and get used to driving it. Then once I do that I can spend six months using it and decide if it is worth the expense- if it is worth it- if it enhances my lifestyle in a positive mannner. Hey, is that redundant? Is it possible to enhance something in a negative way? Yes, it appears in Merriam-Webster Online that enhancement is specifically a positive change. So that means that in the phrase "if it enhances my lifestyle in a positive manner" the "in a positive manner" does not enhance the phrase. But then what if it were the case that I was trying to express compulsion, a sort of over-thinking things kind of process. I'm thinking maybe that's my thing. But what is the value in it except to maybe drive myself and others completely bonkers? -or maybe simply have me wind up typing alone to myself and wonder why nobody cares for my clever commentary?

Gosh and golly. Eventually I will have some idea if laptops and digital cameras and 1989 minvans are worth owning... are worth my owning them.

So what of New Hampshire and the Autoroad and the next trip to Red Lake Falls for further residency at the antFarm? What of getting my body in top condition and likewise putting proper challenge to my mind, my intellect, my intuitive powers and judgement skills? What of having a trailer behind my wheelchair and spending a week in Rocky Mountain national Park? What of the thick pile of rag paper that only has one sheet so far being worked on?

Is doing one's best simply a truism or is there realy any truth to the concept?
Is it possible to do other than your best?
Is what we choose and what we do anything but the most correct path at that particular moment?
How can I not do my best?
How ever will it be that I actually truthfully do do my best?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Profundity is a matter of fact defining fiction.

Blah, blah, blah...am I the only one who comments on this blog? Or, have the others hidden themselves cleverly?

28.6.06  
Blogger Sean said...

Hello G-

Thank you so much for your ongoing commentary.

Just how shall we, how may we, enhance the blog?

Reality creates fantasy you say?

How tall is the wheat?

-S

29.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assumedly S:

The wheat is as tall as the tallest tiller.

I, that's me, did NOT say reality creates fantasy. While it (reality) certainly may be a component - dumb material or dead supplies - of fantasies far and wide, it has no muscle of its own. I believe I referred to the who's who of profundity; fact is matter in that process and fiction a product. However, your response is curious enough to consider; reality creating fantasy? Well, it (reality) may - or perhaps more accurately, how can it not? What else can? Nothing, I suspect, as fantasy is exclusively a human invention if not an inherent part of everyone's character (to different degrees, of course). Therefore, fantasy is reality (jumping to my conclusion) and therefore fact, as well.

Anyway, as for the poor comma, we must empathize; overworked and misunderstood, misused and abused - with only a "?" for a god to guide it (one might wonder why the "!" isn't the comma's god; well, let me tell you - a comma's purpose is to pause, which relates well to the reflective nature of the "?" rather than the garishness of the "!").

Otherwise, a nice bouquet of flowers and/or showy native grasses always does the trick in enhancing a space.

Three cheers,
Presumably g

30.6.06  
Blogger Sean said...

Thank you,

.

1.7.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home