Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Monday Lovely

Day 10: Monday, April 24

What did I do before 3 PM?
Half washed my laundry
Totally swept the floor
Unrolled and flattened some papers related to a 2-d project
Oh, I ate a bowl of cereal
Plus I did some piddling and puttering, but I don't recall any deliberate procrastination
Then I checked the mail

Which gets us up close to 3 PM.
I'm out at the mailbox around 2:30 or so, expecting to head into town from there. On the south side of me I'm all warm and toasty in the sun. The north side of me though is close to cowering due to the definitely chilly wind that my three shirts and jacket can't keep from affecting my skin. If there were snow on the ground that wind would make sense. But there are tulips blossoming on the antFarm. The buds on the trees have already given way to small and light green leaves. Never in my life have I sensed this particular superlative contrast.

Anyway, still before 3, I went back to the house, dropped off the mail and got two more layers to keep me secure for the trip into town. About two miles down the road a gentleman pulled his car to the side of the road and came across to chat with me. He said he'd seen me on the road a few times. He told me of the tornado season coming in a month or two. He spoke of a rare tornado on a north eastern route that passed his house a few years back. The big thing though was he said it would be in the 20's tonight. I explained I had two more layers in my bag. We shook hands and I continued into town.

I missed the post office but made it to the grocer and the hardware store. I met some more people, listened to some more stories, and learned more about the area. What is art and what is life and what is living. G-whiz- what is rhetoric. And where are all the question marks!

So ultimately the sun and wind and fields were beautiful once again. I got back to the antFarm, ate some sandwiches and started getting a fire built. When I checked the thermometer last time I went to the porch for wood, it actually was in the 20's. Sean, you're not in Philly anymore.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home