Friday, April 21, 2006

And Again Again

Day 5: Wednesday, April 19

11:22 at night. The highlight of the day was a visit from Glenn's brother Lou. I read about continued fractions on the web. Oh, I tossed the boomerang some with Lou. Now it is getting toward midnight and I'm hoping to go to bed early-- as if midinight or 1AM is early. That will be earlier, earlier than 2:30 anyway. So hopefully I will get up earlier Thursday than the past few mornings. Obviously I'm taking my time here, settling slowly in. I did want to get in to town today as well as get to the river. Neither occurred. I did laundry and let the skin on my hands heal up further. Bit of a funk I guess. Didn't even think to make coffee.

So on the lighter side, it is quite beautiful here. I like the clouds and the browns in the fields. As it got later the sun shone through and illumitated the tin roof on the wood shed and the trees behind it.

Alright- artform stuff, body stuff. Ambition. Milk, cereal, orange juice, coffee.

Day 6: Thursday, April 19

Oh my gosh, day 6 already. Well, I'm up at a reasonable hour today. Coffee, yogurt, newspaper articles, laundry, and a small fire for warmth and recreation- that's the day so far.

Okay, 13or 14 hours later. I ate more breakfast. I better organised my stuff. In the afternoon I made the trip into town- about two hours each way. Ran into a pretty good rain storm on the way in. Three civilians and one sherriff stopped to check on me. One of the civilians was driving a school bus. That caring gentleman actually came back in his pick up truck to check up again. Appears I'm in a nice neighborhood. It is good to think you can count on your neighbors if the need does arise.

So back at the house I'm heating a can of soup on the wood stove. I'd have to start a lot earlier to get to both town and the river. Maybe next time. There surely is a long list of possibilities here at the antFarm. Seems the trick is in the picking and choosing part.

...soup time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

25.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

25.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home