Monday, February 25, 2008

Today Is Monday

Writing to write in order that something be written.

Woe is me; plus I have a really hard life.

No really- life is good and I'm cruising in comfort.

What the gee am I trying to say?

So I did the lift line at Bear Peak yesterday. That means Liz and I slowly picked our way down a sort of steep and narrow trail with decent size bumps but pretty fair padding on the bumps. And that means it wasn't really all that as far as death and destruction goes but it was kind of odd and required attention to keep from looking foolish, but it wasn't scary.

I like doing weird lift line runs at the ski slopes and I'm happy with myself because finally I have had enough practice this season so that I can give these runs a shot without fear of appearing too terribly inept and overly victimised by bad judgment.

So that's all well and good but I broke the valve off the oil/gas shock absorber beneath my ski rig and now I gotta get it fixed. And that's all well and good except that the people in California who make the shock absorbers aren't answering the phone in the repair section even though I'm calling their front office and already spending long distance money.

All this is all well and good and other nice stuff also except that the shock absorber broke because I put a new spring around it and reinstalled the whole thing on the ski rig frame but had the valve facing out instead of in underneath the other piece that protects it. And now the valve is busted off and all the oil/gas stuff is drained out of the shock absorber..

So now the ski rig doesn't work right and it's all my fault. It's one thing if you do daring and stupidish type stuff and then you get tagged. But getting tagged for simple lack of attention to detail... . It makes me feel almost human, almost normal.

Okay then, onward and upward.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So One Ill,
getting tagged sucks.
weird lift lines sound so exotic.
pascals triangle: what is it good for really? can you tell me?
Lars

29.2.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAbbits and hares!

1.3.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, myself, prefer Floyd's triangle. It's right for me, and may be for you, perhaps too.

As for oryctolagus cuniculus and leporidae being uttered in the A. M. proper, it sounds quite colloquial to the she side of he, to me that is, yes sir ree.

A

1.4.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, one more thing: "you're nothing without me" said the ax handle to the ax head after a night of drinking an chopping wood together. Don't you forget it, or where you came from (or from where you came, if you please). All is simple in a simple world; all is complex in a complex world; all is neither in a neither world, with the exception of nor.

A

1.4.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home