Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Almost Ready

Today is Wednesday, the 16th of August.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I intend to get on Mount Washington's Auto Road and once again make a push for the top.

Today I am in he midst of a second rest day in a row. Today I am getting things organised for tomorrow's "ride".

Sleeping bag and cushion, camp stove and coffee, sport drink and water, energy bars and other stuff ...

Calls and hellos in to my North Conway suport crew, arrangements at Mount Washington, hopefully some quiet time for the partly neglected journal .........

Sunday was Intervale to Mount Washington's base, past Pinkham Notch; and then return to Dana Place. I could brag vaguely that it was 25 or 30 miles. I'm certain it was over 20 but 4 or more were downhill. I keep wanting to check distances properly on a map. I keep not doing so ................

Monday was four runs up Cathedral Ledge Road, after breakfast at Nere Ledge Inn- a bed & breakfast spot near the bottom of this road. I started with about four quarts of beverage, consuming roughly one quart per climb. All four pushes up were under fourty minutes. I was a bit lighter with each one. The last two required a bit of distraction pain and tedium-wise. Turns out the third run was about 1600 pushes of the wheelchair wheels. The final run was about 1500 pushes .....................

Yesterday my arms were burning just rolling up teh street from the Lee family's house. I had managed pretty good depletion on the Cathedral Ledge Road. That night, through the kind assistance of a recent acquaintance, I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Last night I met up with Coach Tim martel and had chicken fettucini for dinner. We'll see what this evening brings. But presently I will be cooking up some afternoon pancakes ................................................. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home